duminică, 7 august 2011

Mudhoney - Superfuzz Bigmuff (1988)

This is one of my favorite Mudhoney albums that never fails to impress me how complex and dirty it sounds. This is the band's debut album, released  in  October 1988 through record label Sub Pop. Every song on it is fucking amazing to my brain, it's like a wave of adrenaline and pure mania. I think Hate The Police is one of of the best covers I have ever heard, making The Dicks message sound even more distorted and angry. Touch Me I'm Sick and Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More have always give me the strange feeling of déjà écouté et senti, while If I Think and  In 'n' Out Of Grace are just pieces of art. There's even more on that album, sensationally capturing the specific Mudhoney sound. This is an inspirational album, to me, and probably to anyone who has ever got the change to check out the music there's no longer been made today.



The album was named after two of the band's favorite guitar effects pedals: the Univox Super-Fuzz and the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, which helped to provide the band's signature "dirty" sound. The cover artwork is a photograph of frontman Mark Arm (left) and guitarist Steve Turner (right) by photographer Charles Peterson.
During initial release, the EP sold incredibly poorly (even by Sub Pop standards), however it has since been acknowledged as one of the seminal records of the Seattle scene. In mid 2008 the EP charted at #25 on the UK Indie Album Chart, a peak for the EP, twenty years after its release.(wikipedia.com)

You can buy it here

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu